Hi from Boston!

Joined Mar 12, 2018
Hey everyone, nice to meet you all!

My name is Casey, I work on the blog for ezCater, we are an online marketplace that helps connect thousands of caterers across America to prospective clients. We write a lot of articles about how to improve your catering business, and I'm really looking forwards to talking with everyone here and hearing their experiences!

Anyways just wanted to make this thread to meet everyone here, and just make sure it's alright if I post tips and advice on Cheftalk.

Joined Oct 1, 2006
Hi Casey!

A recent post asked about starting a catering business.
Is your training exclusively marketing or do you have food service experience also?

Joined Mar 12, 2018
Hey there sgmchef, sorry about the late response! I'll have to check out that catering business post.

Personally, my restaurant experience has been on the customer service end. I worked at a bakery in high school and waited tables in college. But I have had the opportunity to talk to hundreds of restaurant owners since starting out at ezCater, and we regularly do profiles and interviews on our blog. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can while I'm on here, finding out what the challenges you guys face are.

Joined Oct 1, 2006
Hey Casey,

I'm not a moderator here but to answer your original question, yes, you should feel free to give your unique point of view any time you feel like it!

If you really want to explore the challenges of being a Chef, volunteer to work a shift or ten with one of the chefs you get to interview. The fun part is that every operation has different challenges! Suppliers, staff, equipment, etc. Chefs are constantly problem solving... WooHoo, FUN!

(I wonder what you would think about my version of NE Clam Chowder!)

Anyway, welcome again!

Latest posts

Top Bottom