Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by ptarmagan, Feb 18, 2015.

1. ptarmagan

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif  I'm a home cook and absolutely love cooking. This began when I was a Sous Chef in a fabulous restaurant that was visited by Gordon Ramsay. I enjoy good quality food, and I guess this puts me off eating out lol. I like curries and got a Madhur Jeffrey cookbook and did every one of her recipes! Buying a spice grinder and grinding my own spices, and I enjoyed experimenting with them and found it amazing the different tastes you can get when you dry roast first, then grind.

I'm also a very keen baker, and during the long winter months bake so much I have to give a lot of it away otherwise I would never fit through the door!  My only regret is that I found my forte too late in life, as I would love to spend 24/7 in the kitchen, chained to the oven, and be paid for it!I

I hope to learn a lot more by joining you all :)
  2. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Welcome sounds like your kitchen is full of spice and flavor with all the curries and baking. Glad you joined ChefTalk and if you feel up to it post a review of    in our reviews section it helps out (thanks). Let us know if you have any questions.