Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by ChefRossy, Oct 21, 2018.

1. ChefRossy

ChefRossy

Exp:
    Intermediate
    Hello to everyone . I am excited to join cheftalk and I am looking forward to learning and possibly contributing. I am getting ready to graduate from rouxbe in December and will be starting a personal chef business soon after that.
    Thanks for reading

2. Seoul Food

Seoul Food

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Good luck. How long have you been in the culinary field?

3. ChefRossy

ChefRossy

Exp:
    Intermediate
    I graduated in 85. I am originally from liverpool UK and worked in many restaurants for about 10 years before coming to America. I have been out of the game for a long time but have been interested in plant based cuisine so I am currently in the rouxbe professional plant based chef course and hope to become a professional plant based personal chef

4. Seoul Food

Seoul Food

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I had no idea such a place even existed. Is it 100% plants only or do they do vegetarian (Ovo/lacto) type stuff as well?

5. ChefRossy

ChefRossy

Exp:
    Intermediate
    Not sure but I have posted the link below. I have learned quit a lot on plant based food that I wasn't taught in culinary school.

https://rouxbe.com/

6. sgmchef

sgmchef

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Welcome Chef!

I'm interested in how your products get reviewed/tested. Who eats/critiques your food?

Anyway, I wish you all the best and repeat the welcome to CT!

7. ChefRossy

ChefRossy

Exp:
    Intermediate
    If you are referring to the course, I am given a module to read, let's say legumes, and they go over everything, and I mean everything, about legumes with videos and then, they may ask you to follow a recipe and take pictures through the various stages and then you are graded.

8. ChefRossy

ChefRossy

Exp:
    Intermediate
    Could someone show me how to upload an image? I have tried but only get a URL option and not a brows option

9. Seoul Food

Seoul Food

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    So are the majority of the recipes based on using plant based items naturally or do you use processed meat alternatives like the impossible burger?

10. ChefRossy

ChefRossy

Exp:
    Intermediate
    No meat alternatives as of yet, just clean plant food and I have to say, I am losing weight cooking and eating and I feel my palate is getting cleaner.