Hi everyone from White Rock, B.C.

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by janet wait, Apr 23, 2013.

1. janet wait

janet wait

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hey all,

I just found Chef Talk today while doing some research for an upcoming catering gig next month.

What a great web site! 

I have been catering off and on for the past 8 years, cooking professionally for the past 7. 14 months ago my husband and I 

bought a small 76 seat restaurant in a small seaside town and our lives have not been the same since. :)

What an eye opener and a huge learning curve going from a line cook to exec chef and owner. Def never a dull moment juggling staff - front and back, ordering, menu planning, costing, cooking and long work days etc. 

I'm looking forward to checking out the website and contributing where possible.

Cheers

Jan

2. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Aloha, Welcome Janet to Chef Talk.

That sounds like you have a very exciting life.

I hope that you’ve gotten a chance to review everything. 

If you have questions in regards to the site itself, please post them in the Feedback & Suggestion forum.

I’m sure that you’ve already found that the search bar is most useful, as many topics have been around the world 3 times over.

Best of luck to you and your husband in your new adventure, and once again, welcome.

3. missyd

missyd

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    Welcome 

White Rock sure is beautiful.  (from Cloverdale here).  The site and people here are amazing!

4. janet wait

janet wait

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks!