Hi! and want identification of recipe picture

Joined Mar 18, 2008
Hi My name is Charlie and I'm female.
I have been receiving the Chef talk recipe for a long time but don't think I have posted before.
I'm a housewidow, who just became an empty nester, although the grandchildren are here a lot so it doesn't get too lonely.
I'm in my fifties and from Atlantic Canada.

I love to cook and bake. I must be a decent cook because there are never any leftovers at potlucks and such and I'm always asked for recipes.

I'm an avid recipe saver, and try each recipe. If I like it I keep it, if not I chuck it. If it is halfway decent I start tweaking.

The first time I make a recipe I always go step by step in the ingredients. After that I admit that to about 95% of the recipes I start to play with.

I just finished reading the article

"The Art of Buying Local: An Evening with the Farmer and the Chef"

The very last picture is not identified. It looks so delicious and like something I would like to make and try.

Could anyone tell me what it is and perhaps supply a recipe?

Thanks

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Hi Charlie,

Welcome.

Not exactly sure but it looks like a pan seared sea scallop perched on top of a bit of pesto and a slice of tomato. I'm sure theres more to it.

Joined Mar 18, 2008
Thanks that clears it up a bit.
Hope some posts a recipe.
I'll do a search with the info you gave.
Let you know what I found

Joined Oct 28, 1999
Welcome aboard, Charlie.
Brad said it right! I was at the event and what he described is spot on! Incidentally, the dish was produced by "Pizza by Elizabeths" in Greenville, Delaware.

Joined Mar 18, 2008
Thanks so much.
Went looking on the net for a recipe, couldn't find one.
I'll just have to wing it. Shouldn't be difficult.
Thanks again.

Top Bottom