hi all,

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by bakerboy, Jul 26, 2002.

1. bakerboy

bakerboy

this is my first time posting to a forum.

i look forward to learning a lot here.

i live in portland, or. but am originaly from kentucky. have been in the industry since 1995. love to cook, bake and discuse all things food. i think the term for me would be a" foodie".

i hope to make many new freinds here and have lots of fun.

later
    bobby,

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hey Bobby,

Welcome to cheftalk.

Enjoy your time on the boards
    cc

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Glad you found us, Bobby. Enjoy!

4. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Oooh, Portland! My favorite West Coast city -- even more than San Francisco. Yamhill Market!!! And all those great wines. Do you have any special recipes for all that great produce and seafood up there?

But it is certainly very different from Kentucky; I'll bet they don't barbecue mutton there ;)

I hope you have a good time here. We're happy you joined us.

5. suvir saran

suvir saran

Hello Bobby!

Like you I am new here. We each can enjoy getting to know this place at the same time.

Look forward to familiarizing myself around here at the same time as you.

6. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to the show! Please share some of your thoughts on the PacNorthwest. Ever been to Wildwood? Sounds like a great restaurant with an accomplished chef.
    Welcome aboard!

7. isa

isa

Welcome to Chef Talk Robert! :)

Nice to meet you.

8. bakerboy

bakerboy

yea, portland is a a cool place. it is the cleanest city i have ever seen. we have a strong farmers market program here. i love to stop buy there on the way to work and pick up fresh local produce. a lot of local articen bakeries, cheese producers, and other local specialty producers. the summer weather is a lot more to my liking too.

no there is defeinatly no bbq mutton here. infact i don't think most people out here have even heard of mutton.

i have herd a lot of good things about wildwood but still have not eaten there as of yet. i would like to though. i have heard through the grapevine though that it is somewhat over priced and that the service is snobby. but i have never been there my self so this is just gossip. :D

later
    bobby,

9. bakerboy

bakerboy

its good to meet you and i look forward to learning more about indian food from you. i have only ever had it a few times mostly because i dont know that much about it.

i cheked out your website earliar to day and look forward to reading it more tomarrow because i have the day off.

later
    bobby,