Heya Everyone!!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by ozziegirl, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ozziegirl

My name is Alisha, I'm 27 living in Australia and Born in Australia.

I did a traineeship in chefing when I was in high School and work experience in a restaurant for 5 years but I stopped professional cooking after high school due to a issue with my leg and i couldn't stand up for long periods of times which in chefing as you well know it's all about standing up and walking around for long periods of time.

I still enjoy cooking but hardly get into it much anymore but I enjoy making up my own dishes by taste.

I'm here to look for new methods, old methods and tricks of the trade :)
  2. ishbel

G'day, Alisha, welcome to Cheftalk!

Australia is one of my favourite countries to visit as I have LOTS of family there, NSW, ACT, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth...  plenty of reasons to visit.

The membership here is broad, from around the globe, including a number of Aussies and Kiwis, so you'll feel right at home!  The culinary skills are pretty broad, too - from those just starting out, through keen amateurs (that's the camp I fall into) to masterchefs - so lots of interesting 'conversations' to be had in the various fora.  We have 3 professional fora which are read-only for those of us not currently employed in a culinary trade, but they make interesting reading for us!  Feel free to join in on any thread you find of interest on the other parts of the site - or start your own in the relevant forum.  The wikis, blogs, articles, reviews and photography here are also well worth spending time to view.

Hope to see you around the boards.