Hey! Where are all the Chicagoans?

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by craftynatalie, Jan 25, 2006.

1. craftynatalie

craftynatalie

Exp:
    At home cook
    I want to take a trip into the city (from Rockford ) for our 11th anniversary and go to some excellent restaurants for lunch and dinner. I know all about the hype of the well known chef's restaurants, but I don't wan't to miss out on really good food just because the chef hasn't been on TV. Don't get me wrong I really do want to go to Trotter's and Bayless' places but I don't wan't that to be my only reason.

We love mexican, steaks, chops, ribs etc... not into sushi ,Thai, I don't think he would do fusion - French would be ok for him.

Where to go?

2. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    You should most definately go to Naha (www.naha-chicago.com). I would also recommend the following:

North Pond Cafe
    Le Bouchon
    The dining room at Kendall College (run by the students and completely remodeled).
    Of course you have to go to TRU (simply the best in the city).

3. craftynatalie

craftynatalie

Exp:
    At home cook
    Nicko

Thanks! I will check thath site out. I actually Know a Culinary student at Kendall College I will have to send him an e-mail. I have heard your sentiments exactly from many people about TRU.

4. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Natalie,

If you really want to go to a true French Bistro go to Le Bouchon (they have a website). It is small but it is like you are sitting in a small shop in Paris. Really great.