Hey what's shakin'

Joined Feb 13, 2002
Hi there, my name is Brian. I am new here...i am 20 years old and a culinary student in Pasadena, CA at the California school of Culinary Arts LCB program. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Welcome, Brian! Be sure to head on over to the culinary students' forum, and check out our archives. This is a great enhancement to your school experience.

Joined Feb 13, 2002
Hey again. Well, a little more about me...I am 20 years old, and i currently live in CA, originally from a small town in mid-michigan. I have always been interested in the arts, I grew up doing theatre, singing, dancing, cooking, writing...all kinds of stuff. When i graduated High School, i moved to CA to be in a performing group and did that for a year. Then i began school and was torn between Theatre, and culinary arts...then i decided to keep the theatre thing as a hobby and decided on Film, or culinary arts...i tried that for a while, and again decided to keep that as a hobby, i was goning to be a screenwriter, but when i discovered that i was only about 1/3 of the way through my first draft of a screenplay or two after 3 years...i decided i would probably starve i counted on that for income... ;)...then finally i decided culinary arts was the one thing that was constant with me, and the thing i could actually be succuessful at and enjoy myself at the same time, so i began looking into schools. I really wanted to get out of CA, but i found a great school out here. The California School of Culinary Arts, which is the largest culinary school in the western US. It's got brand new facilities, and is a fairly new school, but i was very impressed with it. They just began ( a few years ago ) their Le Cordon Bleu diploma program, which was another added plus. It's not a LCB school, but it's accredited by them, so all of our cirriculum is from there, as well as our policies i think...So i don't really know what the actual difference is, but whatever, it doesn't matter. ANYWAY...i just got done with finals for my first kitchen class (we began with a few weeks of academic classes) and i got an A- (2nd highest in the class!) , which was very exceiting, a lot of kids came out with C's, which was what i was expecting...But i still have quite a ways to go. The program itself is 15 months long (12 months at the school,and 3 months of externship). BUT anyway i need to start researching poultry... :)
i have a paper due on Tuesday, so i better get going...later

Joined May 26, 2001
Screen writers who end up with a good script and a good movie are few and far between. Cooks ALWAYS make people happy. Welcome to the industry that will never die!

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Brian,
It's very nice to meet you, and to learn a little bit about you. I hope that you stick around here. There are a lot of people here to bounce ideas off of, and you will surely learn a lot here. Welcome!

Joined Feb 6, 2002
Hi Brian

Nice to meet you. This is a great forum to frequent if you need a clearer understanding of some cooking technique. These guys sure have improved my cooking. :D

Later

Latest posts

Top Bottom