Hey there!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by malch, Jul 28, 2010.

1. malch

malch

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Hi, I'm Malch. I'm 17 and I have developed a keen interest in cooking over the past year or so. I look forward to getting to know this amazingly knowledgeable community!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Malch and welcome! Somehow your post got past us moderators; sorry for the delay in welcoming you. We're happy to have you with us. We strive to make Chef Talk a helpful and enjoyable site for everyone, regardless of age or cooking experience.

What is your favorite type of food to cook? Are there techniques you'd like to try? How did you get interested in food and cooking? Many of us have mentors who lit the fire under us, so to speak.

I hope you'll enjoy being part of the community. Be sure to check out the other areas of our site: photo gallery, wikis, articles and more. Our search tool is especially useful if your topic of interest is a general one that may have come up in our 10 years of existence. You're encouraged to read all of the forums, but home cooks like you and I must consider the Professionals' forums as "read only". Still, there are plenty of discussions for us to participate in. Let us know if you have questions about the site, etc.

Welcome!

Mezzaluna

3. malch

malch

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Thanks for the warm welcome! My favorite thing to cook is probably eggs. They're fun because they respond so quickly to whatever you do, so you immediately know if you're on the right track. I got most of my interest in cooking from my dad who always cooked breakfast for my family when I was younger. My mom also did a lot of baking, so I picked that up from her. Another thing that drives me to cook better is competing with my older brother. I can't wait to explore some of the other features of this site!