Hey Everyone!!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by smylpurty, May 18, 2004.

1. smylpurty

smylpurty

I am sooo terrible at these things....but here goes.

I live in the beautiful state of Colorado!!! I am a single mother of a 16 yr old 'man'. He is the reason I breathe and he makes me very proud...AND he's my guinea pig for all the new meals I think of on a whim!! Thank goodness most of it gets a thumbs up!! I have always loved to cook, and I have catered many a friends birthday parties, graduation parties,...etc. My present occupation is an office manager for a well known upscale dept. store. I am trying very hard to start my own catering company, and hope that I will be doing this full time in the near future. If anyone has any advice....throw it my way. I need all the help I can get!! I look forward to learning alot from this wonderful web sit I stumbled upon.

Have a WONDERFUL day!!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Nice to meet you, SmylPurty! Thanks for introducing yourself. Make yourself at home and jump right in.

What do you most like to cook? Savory, sweet, baked goods....?

Mezzaluna

3. smylpurty

smylpurty

I grew up on southern food....gumbo, sweet potato pie, etoufee's, rice dishes...etc, so that's what I'm most comfortable with. I also do alot of Italian cooking. Not much of a baker yet, but I'm getting better!!