Hey All

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by smx, May 1, 2006.

1. smx

smx

Exp:
    At home cook
    I'm shawn! I'm 15! And love to cook...plan on going to culinary school...anyways im from kansas...and well dont like it..haha...its boring at times...but then it isnt at times...we have crazy weather here...and i also love hanging with my friends...& web design...:roll:

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi Shawn, and welcome to Chef Talk. We have a number of students here, including pre- and post-high school culinary students. A few of the chefs here are culinary instructors. You'll want to scope out the culinary students' forum there. You can use the search feature to read earlier threads on topics you're interested in.

Some of the forums here are reserved for professional chefs only. As a non-pro you are, of course, welcome to read and enjoy those forums. But we ask that you please reserve your posting to the rest of the board. Besides being polite, that's all we ask. :D

What made you decide to go into the culinary world? Do you have experience working in restaurants? My younger brother started busing tables when he was your age. Eventually he worked his way into the kitchen and moved up in that world. Later he realized he wanted to go to culinary school. After that and much other experience, he's now the owner of a nice bistro and does catering as well. I suggest you read the students' forum, because there's so much there to guide you.

Let us know if you have questions.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna