Here I am....

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
So much has happenned since the last time I was online. Right now I'm looking out my window and seeing the Pacific Ocean and the Long Beach Marina.

Last week did not start well, after more health crisis, which explains my absence for the last two weeks or so, I actually started to get better and I was able to go on a trip for the first time since becoming ill.

Finally last Tuesday I left Montreal for California. After medical delays and the war I was doing well enough to go on vacation. I will be here for three weeks. I am looking forward to meet Phobe tomorrow for tea and to see Jock and May next weekend in San Francisco.

California is wonderful!

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and can enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Take careful food notes and maybe a few pictures for us to see!

Joined Jul 3, 2002
Well, I had a wonderful time meeting Isa and her friends at the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens (perfect day for it with all the flowers in bloom:bounce: ). And I want to thank ChefTalk for giving me the chance to get to know such an extraordinary woman. We're hoping to spend a little more time together before she has to leave.
But we had a truly Chef Talk moment together. Standing in front of Sir Thomas Lawrence's painting "Pinkie,"--click here to: to see "Pinkie" we read the full title--Pinkie: Sarah Barrett Moulton, 1794 -- and immediately turned to each other (quietly) screeching "Sara Moulton!" :D

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
I will never forget having tea with Phoebe at the the Huntington. It was truly a wonderful afternoon, spend is fabulous company. The sandwiches, fruits, pastries and scones with clotted cream were all delicious.

If you are lucky enough to be in Los Angeles, meeting Phhoebe will be the hightlight of your stay.

Top Bottom