Herb Crusted Salmon

Joined Nov 14, 2001
I was wondering if anybody had any ideas what fresh herbs would go good with crusting a salmon filet with and then go with an orange champagne sauce.:bounce:

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
How about brushing the salmon with dijon, then crusting it with a mixture of breadcrumbs, parsley, shallots, and tarragon?

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Tarragon,Chervil and dill would go well with some crushed pink peppercorns mixed in.

Subtle herbs would work best here riverrun..IMHO
CC

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
I don't have it here at hand, but the Herb Farm Cookbook would have lots of ideas for you on this topic. I'll see if I can dig it up later.

Phil

Joined Jun 9, 2001
picking herbs that go with a dish is like pairing wine with food. you can either contrast or compare with the main iteam. salmon is a firm fatty fish with a powerful taste and aroma. my recomendation is use rosemerry, thyme, dill, sage, a tad bit of cilantro, and maybe lemon thyme. that offers the best of both world.s rosemerry is powerful in itself and the other herbs are nice and laid back but still distinctive. i hope this helps

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
HerbFarm uses fennel, dill and cilantro. I'd add some lime zest to that.

Phil

Joined Nov 14, 2001
Thank you for your replies and cape chef i think i agree with u because of the orange sauce but i think i may try and combine some ideas. Thanks again:chef:

Joined Feb 2, 2002
Riverrun:

A Few Ideas....

Try caramelizing some leeks, and mixing with fresh thyme.
This will go well with the Orange Champagne Sauce.

Sauteed Fennel & Tarragon.

A mixture of Oregano, Marjoram & Rosemary
(small amount of the rosemary)

Minced Chives & Lemon Zest.

It sounds like you have a lot of good ideas.

Have fun!!!

Chef Nosko
Boston, MA

Top Bottom