Help with this wiki

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by nicko, Aug 14, 2010.

1. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    I started a community wiki (everyone can contribute) on what to do with left over herb stems here: 

http://www.cheftalk.com/wiki/what-to-do-with-herb-stems

I posted one idea that I thought was useful to people and would love to have others share their thoughts. I also thought it would be a good exercise for our community to see who we can collaborate on topics in which many of have great ideas and experience to share. Look forward to seeing what you post.

All you need to do to add your ideas to the wiki is simply click on the "Edit" button on the right at the top of the wiki . See screen shot below:

[​IMG]

2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Grill with them. Lay them under the food to be grilled to impart their flavor into the food.

Regarding the herb oil, this technique poses a botulism risk. Refrigeration and quick consumption are important for moist products stored in oil.  Harold Mcgee talked about this here at Cheftalk:  http://www.cheftalk.com/forum/thread/15721/botulism-baby

In that thread, Nicko linked to a cheftalk article on flavored oils by John Draz that the current system can't pull up. Would be interesting to see.

3. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  4. bughut

bughut

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Tried edit and discuss but reply is all thats available Nicko.

Anyway I use rosemary stems on the charcoals of the bbq. They make the food taste great and smell good too. Although next door neighbour says it smells like we're on the whacky backy .