HELP! Truffle recipe gone haywire!

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by Guest, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, so. I decided to make truffles (first time), looked up recipes. But (quite sure this is where I went wrong) I didn't have enough chocolate so I asked some people and they all said you can just mix cocoa powder, milk and sugar to make a chocolate substitute. Made that how all the recipes on the net said. Mixed it with the truffle recipe. Totally and completely runny even after freezing it for an hour. That won't work.

How can I fix this?? Any ideas? I don't want it to just go to waste. Do I add real chocolate? cream? any other thickeners? Or am I just plain out of luck? What else can I do with a runny mix, something else I can  make with it? Extremely disappointed! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif
  2. chefboyarg

We made truffles at a place I worked at. If they were too loose we would add more chocolate. Adding cream would make them even more runny. Melt what you have in a double boiler or  or in the microwave if you dont have any stainless steel bowls. Pour the melted chocolate over the solid and stir until the solid has become one with the melted chocolate.
  3. canadiandot

I'd say to mix in more chocolate...

My suggestion, though, for the next time you're trying a new recipe is to make sure you have all the proper ingredients on hand first. Play around the 2nd time, but the first, stick to the page.