HELP!!! Providence, RI

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
My wife and I celebrate our first anniversary on Dec. 30th. We are flying to Providence for the weekend to celebrate and to spend New Year's with family. We are staying at a B&B downtown and I need a great restaurant that we can eat at that night. The 30th is a Sunday so Al Forno is closed. Any ideas anyone?! BTW, we are renting a car so I can drive us somewhere is neccessary, but am not really familiar with Providence and don't want to travel to far, as I want to share a bottle of champagne with my wife.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Pete happy anniversary,

I wish I was more in touch with providence.
It's been a while 1980 J&W, while my sister in law went to URI...

maybe hit narragensett, plow through some super seafood and then just walk on the beach with bare feet ( I know it's december)
But this is your first anniversary.

Or hit the hill by RISD and brown and find a little romantic pub,then walk on the cobblestone streets. Or head down I 95 to exit 3 and jump into newport. (45 minuts) south. Hit bannisters warf...The cliff walks are bueatiful over looking the atlantic. I have many a picnic on this trail.

Whatever you do have fun
cc

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
I have decided on Bella Vista. It is an italian restaurant overlooking Waterplace Park (?) and is only a short walk from the Fleet Center iceskating rink. Will give you all a report when I return.

Joined Mar 3, 2002
There are a lot of restaurants in Federal Hill area of Providence and some are quite good but not great. Our daughter moved to the Providence area 2 years ago, and Al Forno is the best we have found. There is a restaurant beginning with A near Brown University (I think it's called Abessa or something like that) which is very hard to find and with a very small parking lot, but it's the best we've eaten in besides Al Forno. Good luck and post your experiences.

Latest posts

Top Bottom