HELP please. Recommendation needed quickly

Discussion in 'Cooking Knife Reviews' started by KaiyaRain, Mar 2, 2018.

1. millionsknives

millionsknives

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    why not upgrade the wusthof handle?

2. benuser

benuser

Exp:
    Home Cook
    On a side note: Wüsthof is well-known for its benevolence in warranty matters. If it were my knife I certainly would send it in. Very likely you get it simply replaced.

3. mike9

mike9

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Seriously I recommend this - it's right up your alley. Great steel, very good grind, sharpens easily and holds an edge for a long time with simple maintenance like stropping on cardboard. I've been test driving the Yo (western) version and I'm very impressed. Probably the best bang for the buck knife going these days IMHO. You'd also have enough for a combo stone like a 500/1000 from the same vendor.

https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kapswagy21.html

[​IMG]

4. KaiyaRain

KaiyaRain

Exp:
    Its a good point and I thought about that but I guess I wanted something new and exciting. Thank you for your input though.

5. KaiyaRain

KaiyaRain

Exp:
    hmmm...well, I will tell him this - but its been a while since I purchased it, maybe 5-6 years...would they still replace it?

6. KaiyaRain

KaiyaRain

Exp:
    This is a very nice knife....thank you for sending your recommendation. I will consider it for sure. I am purchasing today, Sunday. hopefully if I pay for faster shipping it will arrive before Friday the 9th

7. KaiyaRain

KaiyaRain

Exp:
    Thank ALL of you for your input. You guys are great and I really appreciated all of you - this is a great site and I will be back for more advice in the future. I will also be responding back, when I find out, the story behind what happened to the Wusthof handle, I promise. LOL - Do all of you ever get together at a convention or something??

8. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    So don’t keep us in suspense. You got a lot of good suggestions for what to get... which one did you decide to buy?

9. KaiyaRain

KaiyaRain

Exp:
    LOL - hahahaha - I was wondering if anyone was going to ask me what I ended up getting....
    I simply could not decide between the miyabi Kaizen and the ....eeeeek.. I dont want to say it cuz I have read what seems to be the majority opinion, but...the Shun Premier
    I asked my sister, brother, father, and 2 of my close friends and it was a tie. I ended up buying both and will present them both to him and let him chose, and I will keep the one he doesn't pick.

10. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    :)

11. benuser

benuser

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I've seen replacement after twenty years of gross abuse, so I'd give it a try.