Help on a wine

Discussion in 'Pairing Food and Wine' started by fodigger, Nov 14, 2001.

1. fodigger

fodigger

I have a dinner party for the regional food and wine society friday night and we have had a last minute substition on one of the wines. It is an Australian wine Shaw and Smith Sauvignon Blanc 2000. The wine won't be delivered until fri. so I won't have an opportunity to try it ahead of time. It is to be served during tray passed hor's before the meal starts and I need to know what to pair w/ it. Of course I could do some generic S B stuff but thought maybe someone had tried it and could like me know what to expect. Thanks.

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi fodigger,

I have not had the particular S.Blanc you mentioned but I have had others from that region and new Zealand as well.

I always think of green apple,herbs,lemon,grass even asparagus when I think of S, blancs.

pretty good acidty also.

herbed goat cheese crostinis,green figs filled with lemony marscapone,oysters with tart apple minunette,golden kiwis wrapped with procuitto. try doing a plain yogurt,curry, garam masala chicken breast on toasted pita with a mango chutney.

Fodigger, i would use the flavor profile to help guide you.
    Just remember,not to heavy on the flavors...more light,fresh,clean,crisp ETC.
    let us know how your event goes
    cc

3. fodigger

fodigger

Thanks CC....sounds like the basic S B there. I has hoping that it might be something special as all of their other wines are great. But as I said this was a last minute fill in. I'll keep you posted on the results and thanks again.

4. fodigger

fodigger

CC , sorry it took me so long to respond it has been a very busy week. The party went great the food and wine paired perfectly. Alot of positive comments and more importantly 2 additional parties booked because of it. Thanks again for your comments and take care.

5. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Fodigger,

Great news!!

I'm so happy all went well,and that you got some jobs out of it.
    Thanks for letting me know how things turned out.
    Peace and happy sipping
    cc