Help needed with unusual cuts of tuna

Joined Jul 13, 2010
Hi all, 

I'm a translator that specialises in culinary translation. I'm currently translating a book which uses cuts if tuna that really have me (and all my professional chef friends) stumped! In Spanish they are called 'mormo', contramormo', 'morillo' and 'galete', They're all from the head of the bluefin tuna. I even have a picture of where they're found in the tuna and I've posted it below. I just have no idea what they are called in English. If anyone has any idea, even the smallest clue, it would be amazing!

Top Bottom