HELP! Need electric grill suggestions

Joined Dec 23, 2000
The condo where I live has just banned both charcoal and gas grills on porches and balconies. Apparently the local fire department is behind this. I'm heartbroken, but it's too expensive to move.  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

Is there any electric grill that's worth using.?

As a possible alternative - I recently bought a 1800-watt induction cooktop and a stovetop smoker. What about searing the steaks in a red-hot cast-iron pan, then finishing them in the cooker for final cooking and smoke. Sort of like sear-and-blast, but the smoker won't get much hotter than about 350, I think. Or, do the warm-'em in the smoker to 100 deg and then finish-sear in the skillet.

I'd really appreciate ideas on how to get out of the fix I'm in; it just has to be all-electric./img/vbsmilies/smilies/confused.gif

Thanks,

Mike

Joined Jul 19, 2010
Yeah, I'd just sear and finish in the smoker.

Electric grills suck.  Worthless.

Or you can get a George Forman.  haha

Joined May 3, 2007
Originally Posted by MikeLM  

Is there any electric grill that's worth using.?
[h2]No.[/h2]
As a possible alternative - I recently bought a 1800-watt induction cooktop and a stovetop smoker. What about searing the steaks in a red-hot cast-iron pan, then finishing them in the cooker for final cooking and smoke.

Mike, I assume you've purchased something like the Max Burton Induction Cooktop. Buy a Lodge cast iron grill pan.

Use the grill pan on your induction cooktop to sear the meat and then finish it off in your home oven, cranked up to high. Deep six the stovetop smoker. JMHO

Latest posts

Top Bottom