Help me to set up my kitchen, please!

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by kulizaio, Oct 27, 2011.

1. kulizaio

Hello everybody,

Me and my friend are planing to open a new restaurant here in Cyprus.

I have a 8 years experience in the restaurant business (front of house). Have been working in Chicago, England and am in Cyprus now. Since we are looking for investors a  business plan is a must and here is where I need your help...

I am quite puzzled about what is the absolute minimum I need in the kitchen to start with in order not to overspend but to operate in a professional manner and efficiently.

The restaurant is about 100 seats large and we are aiming to offer to our costumers a menu including traditional Mediterranean dishes, pasta, steaks to contemporary fusion cuisine and seafood.

In particular I am puzzled about the choice of oven. Do I need one of this combi-steamer ovens or a regular oven with 6 burners on the top is enough. Do I need a pasta cooker or I can manage without one. What would be a relevant size of the fryer for such a place.

Can you help me with some essentials about the brands available in Europe and if you know where I can find used equipment.

Any suggestions are very welcome and much appreciated.
  2. petemccracken