Help me-Swimming in Grape Tomatoes!!

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by harpua, Jul 28, 2005.

1. harpua

harpua

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I need some ideas so I can keep up with my never-ending grape tomato plant. I also have an abundant supply of brandywine and beefsteak, and we probably consume about 30 tomato sandwiches a week and I have been making tomato sauce too. Anyone??

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Try making tomato pies using feta cheese, chopped olives, herbs, etc.

Fruit leather- instead of making it sweet, add balsamic vinegar, herbs and any other flavors you like with tomatoes. Imagine a strip of this wrapped around a chunk of salami or rolled into a pinwheel with prosciutto!

A savory marmelade/chutney with spices you like and complimentary fruits, etc.

Simmered as soup or made into gazpacho, pulped into a savory sorbet, sliced into a savory cheesecake, studding a fresh focaccia, sliced and dried to eat as a snack, made into an aspic to use in a cold terrine with contrasting vegetables....

I cut grape tomatoes in half and add them to my morning egg white scramble along with coarsely chopped snow peas and a sliced-up stick of light string cheese. :lips:

3. mangilao30

mangilao30

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I would dry them and pack them in oil. There are so many uses for good sun dried tomatoes.

4. bubbamom

bubbamom

Exp:
    Home Cook
    And when you've run out of space for all your canned tomato recipes, you may want to check w/ your local food pantry :)