Help me out please

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by nmyers, Aug 23, 2004.

1. nmyers

nmyers

I want to cook a special meal for my girlfriend this weekend. I was wondering if anyone good give me a good idea. I am pretty talanted in the kitchen so i am open to any kind of suggestion. Thank you.

2. coquille

coquille

Big juicy paella with lobster and clams...eat everything with just a spoon or use your fingers...

3. headless chicken

headless chicken

Exp:
    Line Cook
    How about a little more info like what the 2 of you like? any food allergies? what kind of ingredients is available to you?

what kind of food; italian? french? chinese? mexican? sweet? savory? spicey?
    seafood? vegetarian? carnovoirs?

4. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Sounds like a job for Ted from "queer eye" :)

5. nmyers

nmyers

I guess an italian meal would be a good choice. There are no food allergies and i can get pretty much any kind of ingrediants.

6. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Why don't you make something simple, quite cliche but improved upon your local Italian eatery's version by a bit.

1) Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil salad dressed with reduced balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

2) Roast a veal loin, serve with some mash potatoes and green beans... or your vegetable of choice.

3) Pannacotta with fresh berries in vanilla syrup

All very simple. You cut up all the ingredients for the saladin the afternoon, reduce the balsamic vinegar, and put it together just before serving. You can also roast the veal so it comes out of the oven before you serve the first course. Your mash potatoes can be held warm on the stove in a heavy pan, and in case you need to reheat you can do it by adding a bit of milk and reheating it on the stove. Make the pannacotta and syrup the day before. Pick the nicest berries out while you're preparing the ingredients for the salad.

Finally...

4) :) :D ;) :D :D :D

7. travelchick

travelchick

Kuan, when is dinner?!?!? :D

Myers -

I think that menu is divine. Only thing I would add is a spritz of lemon and a dash of corse sea salt on the caprese salad. It does wonders.

Have fun! ;)

8. luz

luz

May I suggest a visit to my site MY GOOD OLD KITCKEN:

http://www.freewebs.com/luzalice/

Or you may want to go to my spanish site COCINA DE LUZ:

http://www.freewebs.com/luzalicia/

There are some free recipes that you can enjoy with your family or any one.

Hope you enjoy our free recipe.

You are most welcome to visit my site any time.

Have a wonderful day.

Yours Mrs. Luz Alicia Gonzalez