Help me find perfect checks chef pants

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by jvennej3mv, Apr 21, 2010.

1. jvennej3mv

jvennej3mv

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Hello,

I used to wear Chef Revival Knife N Steel 24/7
    They had a drawstring, deep side pockets and dual back pockets. They have been great to me for almost four years now. Chef revival discontinued these pants, and I have been looking everywhere for a replacement. I even tried one of Chef Revival's other lines- terrible.

I am looking for the most comfortable pants around. I want four pockets, a drawstring... NOT baggy. I guess a cotton mix or 100% cotton would be best? Durability is important but I'd rather be comfortable and buy pants more often. Price isn't really a problem, considering I want to be comfortable at any cost. They have to be checks, black and white. 

Every other one's I've tried are weird fitting, they fall down, and they feel like I have cardboard around my legs.

Anyone any suggestions? I'd be extremely grateful.

-Josh

2. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I get all my chef clothes at allheartchefs.com the deals vary on what is a good time to buy pants vs jackets and what  the special of the month is.... toques or aprons for example.

edit - sorry corrected web site url

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  3. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I get my jackets from town and country uniforms and the touques as well but that;s where I stop. The chef pants they have for women are horrid and honestly I feel like I am going to lose my drawers when I have them on.  I'm not sure if they come in checks but I love the premium uniforms chef pants.. the label on the back pocket says chef's choice and I love them.. yes they start out as a baggy but then they taper down to a comfy fit around the ankle.. no drawstrings and what I love a nice thick waistband.  They also have four pockets.. I am looking into making my own bottoms just so I have exactly what I want and not feel like I will moon someone...lol

4. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
     With all the sights on line, there are plenty of choices. Try happy chef .com

5. Guest

Guest Guest

i like ChefWorks. very comfy, although it only has 3 pockets.

6. erickl201

erickl201

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    am i the only person that doesnt like the draw string pants? anyone have any suggestions for a good belt loop type pant maybe a pair of cargo pants?

7. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    If you can get them there, Dickies makes a nice work pant.  I prefer premium uniforms pants but that's just me.. I hate the ladies kitchen pants we get from Town and Country uniforms.. they are awful!