Help! How to resurrect my cheesecake?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by rambet, Apr 7, 2006.

1. rambet

rambet

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi. I'm new to the forum. Been cooking for 40 years as an at home cooking fan.
    My recipe called for a 9 inch springform pan (duh) and I grabbed the 8 inch springform. (Doing too many things at one time. sigh) Recipe is 3-8oz packages of cream cheese, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup sour cream, etc. (for an idea of volume). How do I adjust the baking time to account for the extra inch of depth in my pan? I am at 300*, 20 minutes and counting. Help!
    Rambet :eek:

2. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Sorry for the late reply, but you should be OK at 300F with another 30 mins. It might be a little browner than you expect but it's all good. You should always test for doneness by moving the pan a little. If it's firm like jello then it's done. Turn off the oven and let it cool slowly.

3. rambet

rambet

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thank you Kuan,
    I guessed it might help to go longer at low temperature and I ended up doing what you suggested. Gratefully, it turned out well and everyone loved it. It was tense for a while because I was bringing the "Birthday Cake". It would have been really bad if it turned out like a rock or worse. Next time, I will focus on the cooking instead of doing 15 other things at the same time.
    Rambet:D :D