help can you cut a roast

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by pk191921, Dec 23, 2005.

1. pk191921

pk191921

Exp:
    At home cook
    here's the problem I am cooking both a roast and a ham for christmas dinner. and now I have had some guests cancle and the roast is to big can I cut the roast down from 12 lbs to 8 lbs and cook it or will cutting it cause the juices to run out and dry out the meat

2. jock

jock

Exp:
    At home cook
    There will be no harm in cutting it down to size. (If you want to send me the left over 4# I can give you my address... Just kidding:smiles: ) You just need to watch the roasting time so you don't over cook it.

Juices escaping only becomes an issue after the meat is cooked. You will want to rest it for at least a half hour after it comes out of the oven to let the juices redistribute throughout the meat. There will still be some juice on the board but you can scoop that up and make a jus with it.

Jock

3. jock

jock

Exp:
    At home cook
    There will be no harm in cutting it down to size. (If you want to send me the left over 4# I can give you my address... Just kidding ) You just need to watch the roasting time so you don't over cook it.

Juices escaping only becomes an issue after the meat is cooked. You will want to rest it for at least a half hour after it comes out of the oven to let the juices redistribute throughout the meat. There will still be some juice on the board but you can scoop that up and make a jus with it.

Jock

4. jock

jock

Exp:
    At home cook
    Sorry for the duplicate message. I went awry somewhere when I was editing the first response:eek:

Jock