Hello!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by one in the oven, Mar 11, 2002.

1. one in the oven

one in the oven

Hi,
    Just a quick note to say "hi". I am not a chef but, I am in the food industry. I have been having a hard time feeling comfortable on "other" message boards. I am looking to be with other small business owners that deal with the same issues I do. I own a bakery out of my home. I only do cakes. I am legal. Since I have been lurking here I have learned alot. I also like the professionalism that I have seen on this board. Thanks for all the help, Beth:rolleyes:

2. svadhisthana

svadhisthana

Hello Beth, welcome to the cafe! I think you'll like it here.

3. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Welcome Beth,

There are a few members here who also do primarily cakes (including myself lately). I'm sure you'll find the Pastry forums to be a valuable resource, and I look forward to seeing you there. What type of cakes do you do?

4. one in the oven

one in the oven

Thanks for the warm welcomes,
    I look forward to hanging out in the pastry sections. Right now I am concentrating on wedding cakes. Trying to get bookings to carry me thru the summer. But, I do all kinds. Graduation is coming up so I guess that will be what I focus on next. I really enjoy what I do. At my last job I did a lot of pastries. I have been trying to keep things mainly cake oriented. It makes it easier on ordering and supplies. What kind of cakes do you do? I saw someones cakes on here. Anna's? Just beautiful! Beth

5. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I'm sure you will feel comfortable here! There are some of the most friendly and learned people on the 'net that call ChefTalk home. Glad to have you join us.

6. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome, Beth! You've found a great place to share what you know and learn from others. I'll look forward to learning from you.

7. kimmie

kimmie

Warm welcome, Beth. Like the others, I too, look forward to your posts. :D

8. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I agree; Anna does lovely work.

To answer your question, I do a lot of wedding cakes, in addition to special occasion cakes. I work freelance for 3 different catering companies, in their kitchens.

9. isa

isa

Welcome to Chef Talk Beth!