Hello!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by nutmeg, Mar 24, 2010.

1. nutmeg

nutmeg

Exp:
    Culinary Student
     At 46 I have decided to embark on a new career in the culinary arts. I found this site and love it!  Everyone here is so supportive and I look forward to picking a lot of brains.  Someone told me many, many years ago to surround yourself with like -minded, intelligent people and learn all you can.  I feel that I have found this at Chef Talk. 

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi Nutmeg, and welcome to Chef Talk. We're glad you found us, and also that you picked up on the vibe here so quickly. Are you currently working in a culinary field? I'm a bit north of 46, and my advice is, get really good shoes! Your dogs will feel it, believe me. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

We encourage you to browse the forum, and to make use of the search tool to locate topics of interest. Chances are someone's asked the same, or similar, question thag's on your mind when it comes to culinary education.

What in particular are you aiming for? Pastry, or the savory side of the kitchen?

Good luck, and enjoy the community.
    Mezzaluna

3. nutmeg

nutmeg

Exp:
    Culinary Student
     Thanks Mezzaluna!  I'm currently a little undecided as to which direction to go as I love both. I am not currently in the field but I have some experience in the management end. I think it all boils down to working for myself and doing something I like at this stage of the game! Some insight from others in both ends would be helpful.