Hello

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by kokopuffs, Nov 27, 2018.

1. kokopuffs

kokopuffs

Exp:
    Home Cook
    It just darned feels to be back. In addition to the rolling restoration of the Triumph Tiger, my bread baking skills have taken a new leap forward. Stay tuned! 8)

2. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Who cares about the bread... let’s hear about the Tiger! Welcome back!!

3. kokopuffs

kokopuffs

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Since the 1960s I always wanted a Triumph; they were the TOP motorcycle back in the day. Fast forward five decades. I've been working on the '72 Tiger for at least one weekend per month for the past two-and-a-half years and I am totally burnt out with it. It's designed with old, old British engineering in mind and the latter contributes to more labor than is called for today with modern bikes. I'm tired and turned 65 yesterday. Instead, I just wanna' ride.

That feeling served as my justification for recently purchasing a 2015 Honda 750 Shadow with 1600 miles for the low low price of $4150 USD. Quite a deal. It came with a full set of Mustang studded seats and bags and also a windshield. It's in pristine condition, too. Plug and play. Not so with Triumph and it's the Japanese bikes that put the British motorcycle market to their grave. Plug and play versus wrenching.

Piccies will follow soon.

4. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Hey Kokopuffs, good to see you posting again!

Triumph makes (made) beautiful bikes (and cars), but yeah, Honda is just solid. I had a CB450F for years......