Hello to the forum

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by tcbradley, May 27, 2013.

1. tcbradley

tcbradley

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    I am a newly appointed Kitchen Director/Head Chef at a local inpatient treatment facility. I am preparing 186 cafeteria style meals, 62 per service/day, with a family style dinner nightly. I consider the style: upscale institutional/cafeteria. Majority of menu items are scratch prepared from a limited pantry. Institution is non-profit, with a limited budget.

An immediate objective is to streamline and simplify weekend menus and preparation, as the residents/clients are responsible to prepare the meals for the facility. This is an assigned task/chore, and is a designated curriculum in their treatment.

My background includes nearly all levels of commercial kitchen experiences, from dishwasher to Sous Chef. I am not classically trained, nor have I attended any level of culinary education, beyond OJT. Expanded commercial kitchen experience is 10+ yrs.

My thirst for knowledge and equipment reviews have lead me to this forum. I hope to find it useful, and will use it as a sounding board, and resource. I hope to gain insight and experience from other chefs whom have experience in similar venues, as well as menu demands and restrictions in kind.

Sincerely,

TC Bradley

2. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Aloha ,Welcome to Chef Talk, we’re happy that you found us all.  It's all about sharing of knowledge, experiences and FOOD!  Don’t forget about the Non-Professionals here, Home Cooks have plenty to bring to the table, feeding our families and friends.

Join the conversation or start a thread of your own, on that I might suggest that you do a search at the top of the page to find any previous discussions on the topic.  The Articles, Reviews and Galleries are fantastic, oh and the Special Guest Forum makes for a good read.

Once you’ve gone over the FAQ, Tutorials and Community Guidelines and you have questions in regards to the website, post those in the Feedback & Suggestion forum.  I think that you’ll find that we have great respect for one another, and generous with their expertise.

Happy Cooking!

3. tcbradley

tcbradley

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions. I will take full advantage of the knowledge and resources of the forum on all levels. I have to remember that my introduction to the kitchen was through my grandmother, " boosha ", who cooked for the family constantly. Your suggestions on points of interest throughout the forum, are well received.

TC

4. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food

Hang Loose!

5. tcbradley

tcbradley

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    Ahe!