Hello - Nice to meet you.

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by plumcrazy01, Apr 8, 2005.

1. plumcrazy01

plumcrazy01

Hello Everyone,

I just found this board with a google search on Paula Deen of all people. :) I am a big fan of hers and many other personalities of the Food Network.

I am a good ole Southern Girl who will be 41 on my next birthday. Recently, I have discovered while out on medical leave for surgery that I love love love the Food Network and all the cooking shows. I have also discovered the inner chef inside and delight myself with my new found hobby. I have always cooked but it was mostly pre-packaged things. Imagine my surprise when I made a cake from scratch for my MIL's birthday and it was delicious. :chef:

I am the mother of 2 boys (ages 20, Marine just back from Iraq, 16, driving and driving me crazy). I re-married a wonderful man almost 4 years ago who had 2 children (boy 19, ready to graduate, girl 17-who lives with her mother). I have a step-daughter from the previous marriage who I am still very close to (age 21 and recently married). My life is very full and I find that cooking really makes me feel good. My family seem to enjoy my new found talent and I am really feeling a sense of accomplishment. I am even considering taking some culinary classes at the local communit college in the fall. Has anyone on here gone that route before?

Just wanted to say hello - hope to get to know you all better in the future. God bless.

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Plum, welcome to Chef Talk Cafe! You'll have lots to explore and plenty of new recipes to try. It's amazing how inspiring our conversation can be! Don't miss the wonderful articles, etc. at the main Chef Talk site.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

3. redace1960

redace1960

welcome plum!
    your excitement is great! totally go for it, jump in with both feet,
    try it all!!
    when i was in college the folks in the culinary classes raved about the program. meanwhile i was in the business cluster like a big dork.
    i learned basic skills at a dead run in commercial kitchens-wanna see some scars?!?...although on that route you get paid to learn, and you might find you love the action, too!