Hello from Yorkshire uk

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by coulis-o, Jan 23, 2010.

1. coulis-o

coulis-o

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    hi everyone,

my name is matt. i've been a qualified chef for over 12 years now, mainly working in a la carte/family and pub restaurants, currently working in a 4 star 1 rossette a la carte restaurant with a brigade of 15 chefs. I'm CDP of veg, functions, buffets, and bbq. although i do help out on larder, and sometimes sauce and pastry sections.

happy 2010 to everyone, hope the year has started good for everyone and that it will continue that way :)

2. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Matt - welcome to Cheftalk.

As you can see, we have membership all over the world (I'm Scots) and all levels of culinary ability from those like me who are enthusiastic at home cooks, to master chefs!

Feel free to jump in on any thread you find interesting, or start your own. Try to make some time to read some of the great articles on the site, and the photographs aren't too shabby either!

I love Yorkshire - especially the dales and York itself.

3. coulis-o

coulis-o

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    thanks ishbel.

a scottish football team recently stayed at the hotel where i work, to cater for the football team our chefs put on a hot buffet for them. it was the first hot buffet i have cooked that had porridge, you scots like your porridge apparently :)

4. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Like porridge? That's like the question 'Is the pope Catholic?' :lol: