Hello from western Colorado

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by khunter, Dec 30, 2009.

1. khunter

khunter

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Found this site when searching for a solution to my mother in-law's knife problems.

I am not a professional but am passionate about cooking and grew up in a family of great cooks. My mother as intensively cooking her way around the world (in our kitchen) when I was a kid so I developed a wide range of foods I still love to this day. As a kid some of my favorite foods were Kidneys our Lebanese neighbor would prepare for me, Tabouli, homemade tamales and venison cooked every way from Sunday...

Some of the things I have the most fun with in the kitchen involve wild game and baking breads. And I am a chile head that can not survive without roasted chiles in the freezer.

KHunter

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Have you landed in the right place!

Chef Talk has chile heads, avid come cooks and professionals from all over the world, and years of information here to satisfy even the most inquisitive of food enthusiasts. I hope you'll explore the whole site and, using the search tool, dig around to your heart's content.

I had to chuckle when you mentioned My mother as intensively cooking her way around the world (in our kitchen) when I was a kid as that was my childhood, too. We were eating Chinese, Greek, Puerto Rican and whatever else Craig Claiborne was pubishing in the New York Times Magazine when our neighbors were eating much plainer fare (tuna casseroles or TV dinners). The leftovers I took for school lunch always attracted attention!

I hope you enjoy the site and get answers to your questions.
    Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

3. khunter

khunter

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Yep, not every kid was packing a tongue sandwich on a baguette, with whole-seed mustard.