Hello from the Land of Oz!

Joined Apr 14, 2004
Hello everyone- new poster here. I am a 34 old female, CIA grad ,(12/99), married to another CIA grad. I am a born and bred NYC girl who met my husband at The Culinary Institute of America, we fell madly in love and moved to his hometown of Wichita, Kansas 3 years ago, where we now live. I am Executive Chef for Compass Group/Eurest Dining at Boeing, Wichita. Boeing employs about 10,000 employees at this time, we have over 50% participation, which is awesome! (12 cafes, breakfast, lunch and dinner, 2 cart programs- starting one more and a roving smoker program). (Anyone else love to slow cook in a smoker?) Life is good there, long hours, but- M-F daytime schedule, holidays off (totally opposite of my husband's).

I am a little nervous at this time, given the uncertainty of Boeing's future in Wichita at this point in time (Boeing recently announced a possible sale of the facility- don't know until new buyer comes in how it will affect the foodservice contract). Look forward to chatting with everyone! Anyone other foodservice contractors out there? :chef:

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Welcome to Chef Talk! It sounds like your work keeps you very busy. I hope you have some time to relax and enjoy life.

We'll look forward to your posts!

Mezzaluna

Joined Apr 14, 2004
Hi! Not so bad being busy, I love what I do and my staff are excellent (for the most part- you know how that goes) Thank you so much for your welcome message- I so look forward to being part of this community!

Top Bottom