Hello from the Bluegrass

Joined Feb 5, 2017
I'm a passionate home cook with no realistic desire to make it a profession.  At nearly 60 years old I've ruined a lot of passions by trying to make a business of them.  That being said, I approach my time in the kitchen at the highest level I can, trying to employ servesafe fundamentals, turn out fresh quality dishes and now upping my presentation for the dinner table.  

I've enjoyed reading through the forum and have already picked up a lot of tips.  Looking forward to learning more and contributing to the community.

Gregg

Joined Jun 27, 2012
I like the realistic part.

Since you have been doing some reading you have prolly stumbled across a few of the horror stories, lol.

Nice to "meet" you and welcome!

mimi

Joined Feb 5, 2017
Thanks, I might look at insurance in case a neighbor asks me to smoke a pork butt and pull it for them.  LOL  If I were a younger man with this kind of enthusiasm I might consider a career in the field.  As it is I spent 20 years in retail and 17 years (and counting) in broadcast radio.  Kind of living my dream everyday.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Sponsor
Joined Oct 5, 2001

At nearly 60 years old I've ruined a lot of passions by trying to make a business of them.  
Gregg, well said there is a huge difference between "I love to cook..." and "I love to cook professionally...". Sounds like you made the wise choice. Welcome to ChefTalk glad you joined up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom