Hello from the Bluegrass

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by mcgreggor57, Feb 9, 2017.

1. mcgreggor57

mcgreggor57

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I'm a passionate home cook with no realistic desire to make it a profession.  At nearly 60 years old I've ruined a lot of passions by trying to make a business of them.  That being said, I approach my time in the kitchen at the highest level I can, trying to employ servesafe fundamentals, turn out fresh quality dishes and now upping my presentation for the dinner table.  

I've enjoyed reading through the forum and have already picked up a lot of tips.  Looking forward to learning more and contributing to the community.

Gregg

2. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    I like the realistic part.

Since you have been doing some reading you have prolly stumbled across a few of the horror stories, lol.

Nice to "meet" you and welcome!

mimi

mcgreggor57 likes this.
  3. mcgreggor57

mcgreggor57

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Thanks, I might look at insurance in case a neighbor asks me to smoke a pork butt and pull it for them.  LOL  If I were a younger man with this kind of enthusiasm I might consider a career in the field.  As it is I spent 20 years in retail and 17 years (and counting) in broadcast radio.  Kind of living my dream everyday.

4. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    Great photo by the way.

mimi

5. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Gregg, well said there is a huge difference between "I love to cook..." and "I love to cook professionally...". Sounds like you made the wise choice. Welcome to ChefTalk glad you joined up.