Hello from sunny Florida!!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by [email protected], Feb 25, 2006.

1. capers12@hotmai

[email protected]

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Hello All.....I just joined this site and I love it. I've been lurking for about a month and have found many answers to lots of questions. I've always loved to cook and have worked for many yrs in the front of the house. I accidently started catering and just fell into developing it into a business. The area I live in is just now becoming a destination for people with lots of $$$ and who can afford to have weddings and other events catered. I still run into people who want something for nothing. Like the lady who wants hravy apps for 100ppl, but only wants to spend $500.00!!! Hardly covers my labor...anyway, I'm glad to be amongst others who can share their experiences, hope and recipes with me. Thanks for being here.

Renee:roll:

2. blueschef

blueschef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi and welcome! Ahhhh Apachiacolia (sp?) I do remember those great oysters! Thin shelled and Salty. I hear that St Georges Island now has houses. To bad that was one great peice of the world!

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Renee! You'll be glad you came out of the lurking mode and became an active member. Enjoy all the great features and knowledgeable members here.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

4. andrew hope

andrew hope

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Welcome to cheftalk, I love Florida... ( looks at the snow outside :( )

5. cakerookie

cakerookie

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Hi, you won't regret coming out of lurking mode here. A great place and lots of answers.

6. capers12@hotmai

[email protected]

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Thank you all for the warm welcome....Yes, St. George is now so full of houses that I think if they build another it might just sink into the Gulf. I moved to Apalach about 22yrs ago and the change has been amazing! It is a destination now for weddings and has become a terrorist destination also (tourists)...but I can't complain...the cost of houses here is unbelievable..something that cost 30,000 now is about 1/2 a mil or more. But it is this class of people that allows my business to florish..the local ppl couldn't afford me. and yes.......the very BEST oysters in the world. They just reopened the bay after the hurricanes wiped them out this past yr. I look forward to being a participant in this cooking forum. Thanks again
    Renee