Hello From Ripon College

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by rcsous21, Apr 15, 2006.

1. rcsous21

rcsous21

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hey everyone, My name is Taylor. I have recently been named the Sous Chef at Ripon College. I have been in the food service profession for 6 years, ranging in different restaurant and the amazing part is, I have not attended any College for Culinary Arts. One of the reasons I have joined this forum is to get assistance in the Sous Chef field and to learn about exquisite quisine. I take pride in my work, but am a little nervous to start being the sous chef...when I first started working at Ripon College 2 years ago, I was hired as the PM/dinner cook. That was a lot of fun but got monogomus (sp) after a while...so when the sous chef here left, I jumped at the opportunity. I look forward to meeting people on here that share the same passion for cooking as I do, and to gaining the knowledge I'll need for my future professional pathway. Thanks

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Taylor. I'm familiar with Ripon and the area, having attended a couple of week-long conferences there many summers ago. It's a pretty campus.

I'm sure you'll enjoy visiting this site to learn and share. Check out the professional chefs' forums; use the search feature to find earlier conversations on topics you're interested in; subscribe to the e-newsletter, too.

Enjoy the site! Good luck with your new position.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. diane

diane

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Hi there sous21. And welcome to the bobbing cruisine craft on the surface of the waters of success. You landed in the right place. Warm welcome.

4. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome RC. I am right around the corner from you. I am in Fond du Lac, and used to drive through Ripon every day, when I was the Banquet Chef/ Exec. Sous Chef at Heidel House in Green Lake.