hello from Québec city

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by matrunks, Sep 11, 2012.

1. matrunks

matrunks

Exp:
    Line Cook
    hey I'm a fruitière (vegetable chef) in a small restaurant in the old Québec, found this site earlier in the day when I was looking for tips on sweet bread, got hooked instantly.

After nearly 9 years as a fruitière, I'm going back to school in january to get a closer look at pastries and bread, my new found love. I do every thing by hand from whisking to kneading bread, I'm old-fashionned that way. 

I hope to find some help here on my weaknesses and offer help when I can on subjects I do know well.

2. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Aloha, Welcome to Chef Talk

We're all here to share in everything food, right?

I think that you'll find that everyone here is most respectful of each other.

Join in the conversation or start a thread of your own.  Should you have questions after reviewing the tutorials, FAQ and Community Guidelines, please PM a Mod or Admin person.  

The Pro forums are wonderful, but don't forget about the Home Cooks, we have alot to bring to the table.  The forums are informative, as are the Articles, Reviews and the Gallery.

Whatever you do here at Chef Talk, have a good time doing it!

3. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Welcome Matrunks. What restaurant are you at? My wife and I just went on vacation to Quebec for the first time this past year. We loved the old town.

4. matrunks

matrunks

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I'm working at L'accent, near the St-Jonh's gate. It's a little bistro just outside of old québec.

Hope you enjoyed your trip.

5. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Matrunks, welcome !

My boss has a chalet in St Georges la Beauce.

Une grande bienvenue.....

Petals.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  6. matrunks

matrunks

Exp:
    Line Cook
    thank you