Hello from Portugal

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by flaviomoreira, Sep 4, 2014.

1. flaviomoreira

flaviomoreira

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Hi everyone,

I am Flavio. I started cooking a 8 years ago in Portugal in small place called Leiria near Nazaré. Being grown near the sea I always had a passion for cooking fish or anything that grows near it. I finished my cooking school and then I left Portugal and I worked in Places like Hungary, Italy, France and England. Around 3 years ago I was invited to work as a solo chef for a private yacht which I am still doing today. I love my job, I can cook and experiment rustic dishes for the crew or anything that it come to my mind and for guests its lovely not to have a budget for food, and so far has been very good for me.

Apart cooking I love fishing, I fish for trout, blue fin tuna, and many other predators on salt water and also fresh water

I am looking forward for this forum and participate as much as my time can allow me.

Thank you.

2. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Welcome Flavio glad to have you. What is the largest Tuna you have ever caught?

3. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome Flavio.  I am excited to hear more about your adventures!!!!

4. kaiquekuisine

kaiquekuisine

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Bem Vindo Flavio :p

My portuguese brother from the other side of the world!!

5. flaviomoreira

flaviomoreira

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Thanks all for your welcoming :) I will contribute and also learn with all of you. 

Kaique, is nice to see here as you said, " a brother from the other side of the world" :)

Nicko, the biggest bluefin was about 35kg what is an alright size for tuna.