Hello from Ohio....

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by chef2you, Mar 3, 2003.

1. chef2you

chef2you

Just wanted to drop a line to say hello.

I have been in front of a stove since the ripe old age of 5, working for my family in their restaurants. Left them to travel the USA working for other companies honing the skills I now have today.

Am in the process right now of opening a catering/personal chef service and would love to hear from others who have gone down this road themselves.

Have a wonderful day! :chef:

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, chef2you! We have a number of members who are caterers and personal chefs, so you will have plenty of people to talk with. We'll look forward to your contributions, too.

Please tell us more about yourself here, then dive into the other forums and get cookin'!

Mezzaluna, moderator

3. chef2you

chef2you

thanks for the warm welcome. there isnt much more to tell except that I have a 13 year old son and love everything there is about cooking. From writing and developing recipes right down to the paperwork ( and I know not many like paperwork...lol) Plus I love cookbooks. Right now my collection consists of over 3000, from all around the world.

Take Care everyone

4. mike

mike

Hello & Welcome,

Working since the age of 5 eh...I thought there were laws against that... did you get paid in candy... I thought us brits stopped all that when we ended sending small children up chimneys in the 1800s....seriously though welcome to a
    great site.

chow

5. chef2you

chef2you

Hi Mike,

Actually dont remember getting payed at all. LOL. Do remember how ever that the apron was bigger then I was. I think the laws in the US are alittle different when it comes to family ran business's.

Thanks for the warm welcome though.....