Hello from Northern Vermont

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by greasechef, May 20, 2006.

1. greasechef

greasechef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I live in Westfield, Vermont. Last year I bought my first restaurant after spending better than 15 years working in other people's restaurants. Fortunately I leased the property rather than purchasing it because the place was a money pit.

Right now I am unemployed and wondering what I am going to do with my life. Go to Culinary school with as much experience as I have, find a new career, or keep plugging away like I've always done...

2. crazytatt

crazytatt

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to the board! Good luck w/ the whole situation...

Did you atleast get some skiing in whilst on "break"?

3. greasechef

greasechef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Unfortunately, the run-down old restaurant that I leased historically get's better than 50% of its business from Snowmobilers, and to a lesser degree skiers too. This winter we had only one good weekend of snow, then it rained. I actually saw a mosquito LIVING outside in January, then another in February.

That s&*t ain't right!

4. crazytatt

crazytatt

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    D*** Global Warming! A misquito in January, IN VT!.....isn't that a sign of the apocalypse?:D

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi GreaseChef! I hope you enjoy all this community has to offer! There's so much here to learn, and we hope you'll share, too.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

6. greasechef

greasechef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I am definately liking the forum so far. Nice to see that nobody really posts off-topic stuff. I am hoping to figure out what in the blazes I am going to do with my life now that I have a 17 month old son and no restaurant.

7. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Kuan can probably help! He's been in somewhat of the same situation. Send him a PM (private message) and tell him I sent you. :D He's a super dad and very knowledgeable chef, and that's just for starters.