hello from NE Washington

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by hftbakery, May 13, 2006.

1. hftbakery

hftbakery

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi,
    My name is Heather and I'm in the process of building a bakery. It's been a dream for many years, actualized once about 8 years ago, but it was the wrong time and the wrong place. I decided to give it a go again and started the process about 3 years ago. Didn't know how I was going to finance it other than a minor remodel to the existing house on the property I bought. My son passed away 2 1/2 years ago and left me his life insurance money. I decided to build anew with that as a tribute to him. (he had worked with me at the first bakery and we nicknamed him Hoover; he could suck down an apple pie in about 30 seconds flat). I was told I wasn't smart enough to build a building; which ended up being a challenge instead. Now as the general contractor I've been having grand adventures! Right now I'm pulling electrical wire. I would venture to say the building is about 1/2 way there and gaining speed. I hope to be open this fall. I've learned that life is short and that you should pursue and live your passion. Heather

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Way to go, Heather!

Welcome to Chef Talk. There's sooooo much here to enjoy: cooking articles, recipes and cookbook reviews. You can also sign up for the e-newsletter, too. If you're looking for something in particular but don't see it, use the search feature to find it. We have a number of great bakers here (professional and non), plus several people who have built baking businesses; pulling wire may or may not have been involved. They're great resources!

Enjoy the board; visit often to learn and share.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. crazytatt

crazytatt

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to the board! Sounds like you have quite alot going on.