Hello from Milwaukee

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by breguet, Jan 2, 2005.

1. breguet

breguet

Well, Chef Talk seems to be a very interesting place to get some necessary foodie fix. Not much time now to explore but I have a question and two fun things to share before bed:

Question:

How much would the Charlie Trotters Guest Chef for the Day be worth to you - $350? I need to decide tomorrow if it is worth that to me.

Fun Things:

Had some wonderful friends over last night for New Years and a 1967 Haut Brion was brought over - very yummy and did not seem past its time (we were worried!).

On the Trotters subject again, had a "business meeting" there two weeks ago and we ate in the kitchen. It was just amazing and the most striking thing was how calm it was - no loud noises, no loud voices, nothing. I make more of a racket when I'm cooking alone.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all!

Mark

2. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to the show!
    I think $350 is a good bit of $$, but it would be an experience. I was fortunate enough to be in the audience of Charlie Trotter's keynote address at the FENI conference last year. His insight into the business is unique. He brings an intellectual perspective to the table that, I think, some of us either forget about or ignore. I took 8 pages of notes on what he said and often refer to them for inspiration in my classroom.
    Again, welcome to ChefTalk and look forward to reading your posts,
    Jim

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Mark. And, hello from just a little to your west. It's always good to have people from the "neighborhood".

Enjoy your gig at Trotter's. I'd leap at the chance.

Make yourself at home and enjoy all the great things Chef Talk has to offer: warm people, lots of great contacts and information, articles.... dive right in. We have forums dedicated to wine and restaurant reviews; you won't want to miss them.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna