Hello from Iowa!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by cakecrazylady, Feb 10, 2011.

1. cakecrazylady

Well I just joined yesterday and already have gotten some great advice! I recently started decorating cakes and would appreciate any feedback on my cakes along with any ideas or tips(photos on my profile =)! I've only done 6 cakes so far but it sure is fun! Thanks for having this great site available!
  2. mezzaluna

Hi Cakecrazylady- welcome to Chef Talk. It's always great to hear people find what they need here, and so fast! If you're a home cook (as I am) I hope you're able to pick up information about techniques, etc. here from other home bakers and from the pros. Please feel free to post in any of the General forums, but home cooks like you and I must refrain from posting in the professionals' forums. Still, you can read them to your heart's content, so dig right in! Reading here, along with a few questions in the general baking forum, taught me enough that  my first fondant-decorated cake came out right. (That carrot cake is posted in my photos here.)

I grew up across the Mississippi from Iowa, in the Quad Cities, and we always got the Des Moines Register on Sundays. Some of our best family outings were in Iowa (Amana, Muscatine), and my mom was born outside Davenport in a tiny farm town. My brother and my niece both graduated from the University of Iowa, and my dad attended there during the Depression. Thumbs up for Iowa! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

We hope you have a good time here and are enriched by the information and the members. Welcome!

3. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Welcome. Post some of your pics in our photo gallery for some feedback on your cakes. There is also the pastry and baking forums.