Hello from Iga Province ....

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by shaolin bushido, Aug 6, 2005.

1. shaolin bushido

shaolin bushido

Exp:
    Can't Boil Water
    hahaha, no ... not really. I'm a "residence supervisor" in Charlotte North Carolina who's become interested in cooking and the profession of the same. My brothers all showed much more practicality and initiative and learned alot from my mom(who is THE BEST NON-PROFESSIONAL COOK EVA!) and so I'm just now investigating the art, some twenty years later.

One of my brothers worked as a waiter at Mama Dip's restaurant while pursuing his PHD in Chapel Hill, NC ... very famous in these parts and the other considers himself some sort of Chef by vicariously viewing every show that' ever aired on the subject and more naturally, by working in several chain restaurants in various capacities.

I'd love to study at Johnson and Wales here in Charlotte, along with my brother(who's currently free to pursue such an endeavor) and one thing led to another and I've been reading up on the career opportunities, which inevitably led me ...

... here.(end Architect mannerism) I'm a joker or so I like to think.

2. shaolin bushido

shaolin bushido

Exp:
    Can't Boil Water
    *ulp*, sorry. Anyway, hello and hope to learn a lot here.

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Shaolin. Many of us began our culinary educations at the elbows of our mothers, grandmothers and cooks like those at Mama Dip's. Some went on to become professionals (as you and your brother may) or became skilled home cooks. Wherever your road takes you, Chef Talk is the place to hang out! Learn, share, explore- it's here. Don't miss the great articles at the main Chef Talk site, and use the search button to locate topics of interest to you.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

4. shaolin bushido

shaolin bushido

Exp:
    Can't Boil Water
    Thank you, I've gained lots of insight since I posted this. Sometimes I got answers to questions I wasn't even able to think of yet! So many posts ... so little time ....