hello from detroit

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by zacharyfstotz, Aug 19, 2013.

1. zacharyfstotz

zacharyfstotz

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    HI, I'm Zach. I'm 31 and have been in the industry in some capacity for 15 years, starting at greasy spoons and winding up in fine dinning. 6 months ago I closed an eclectic world food inspired restaurant downtown as executive chef and I am currently opening an Irish gastropub in the burbs.  I must admit I have lurked here in the past and I am looking forward to contributing to the discussion 

2. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Aloha, Welcome to Chef Talk Zach.

I love it when lurkers join the conversation. 

Tell us more about your new place and why you’re moving from the city out to the `burbs?  Me, I live in the real sticks, there’s nothing around here, so I HAVE to cook, not for money anyways, but that’s what drew in me here a little more than two years ago.

You know the lay of the land, so I won’t bore you with the blah blah blah.

I hope to see some of your handiwork in the Galleries soon, and please visit often.

3. zacharyfstotz

zacharyfstotz

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    The burbs move just made sense for me at the time, the restaurant i had been with for 6 years was closing down due to some lease problems (crazy landlord) and Detroit has its share of problems, the school system is certainly being one of them, seeing as I have a two year old son and was renting an apartment a move seemed in order.  The gastropub was dumb luck i ran into the owners socially and they had just lost there chef so i started the next day, some time a reputation for hard solid work pays off i suppose. Its a beautiful building though 125 years old with a brand new kitchen, were about a month out of opening and everything seems to be going smoothly (knock on wood)

4. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Right On!

Best of luck and keep us all updated.

Aloha, k~girl

5. tummytalk

tummytalk

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager

6. tummytalk

tummytalk

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager
    Hello Zach,
    Im Cyndy from Africa and its amazing to hear how long you have hung on to this dream. I run my restaurant here in Lagos Nigeria and will be on my journey to the ICC in Newyork next year. I am inspired by your journey and i cant wait to get to the ICC and do a lot more. Its a great oppurtunity to be here! Im exicted!
    Cyndy Jackson