Hello from California!

Joined May 5, 2016
i am a personal chef and I specialize in making allergy friendly and healthy homestyle meals.:)

Joined Jul 14, 2016
Hello there in California,

I am Apron from Scotland.  It is interesting that you enjoy making food that does not cause allergic reactions I am allergic to many colourings like e numbers one I hate seeing on packets these days is maltodextrin.  My husband is allergic to shell foods and hazlenuts. I am allergic to peanut butter.  May I ask what kind of food do you make?   Are you allergic to anything?

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Welcome to ChefTalk how long have you worked as a personal chef? Do you manage one family/client or several at a time?

Joined Jul 14, 2016
Hi there can I just say that I am afraid I am not a chef just a housewife who bakes and cooks for my husband.  Sorry about this.

Joined May 5, 2016
Hi Apron! As a personal chef, I cook a variety of dishes specifically tailored to my clients' likes and dislikes. Some have dietary restrictions and some do not. I make things like gluten free bread, vegan brownies, Brazilian beef stroganoff, German schnitzel, Asian potstickers, cashew queso, tofu ricotta, and so on. If you're interested, you can see a sampling of the dishes I make on my website

chefbonnie.com

Before becoming a personal chef, I was a home cook, too. I enjoy cooking homestyle meals with a healthy twist.

I'm actually not allergic to anything, but 6 years ago, I began cooking for a family whose daughter has severe food allergies and I've gotten pretty good at it now. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Joined May 5, 2016
Thank you Nicko. I've been a personal chef for 6 years. I currently manage 3 families, working 4 days per week. I go to one family twice a week, and two other families once a week.

What I like about being a personal chef is that you can choose the business model you want. For example, I like to spend my evenings at home, so I decided not offer dinner parties as part of my service. So basically, I wake up early, shop, head to my clients, cook, cleanup, and I'm back home by 1:30-2pm. It's the right balance between life and work, for me. And the best part is I feel appreciated by my clients, and I'm compensated well. I really love what I do.

Joined Jul 14, 2016
Hello Bonnie G,

Thank you for your message and explaining what you do and why.  You sound extremely busy there cooking and baking for several families.  I like the sound of your Asian Potstickers may I ask what they consist of?   I like your gluten free bread and vegan brownies.  I am a vegetarian myself.  I am afraid I don't eat meat.  I am a vegetarian myself. Your dishes though sounds marvellous.  Do you use cook books or make up the recipes yourself?   My husband is allergic to shell fish, tomatoes, and hazlenuts.   I had a little girl once whom I looked after I was baby sitting and did not know that she was allergic to eggs I gave her scrambled egg on toast she ended up in hospital because of this I felt such a fool I wish they had told me.  We still went on being friends afterwards they forgave me.   I will look up your site.

Joined May 5, 2016
Apron,

My husband and I eat a plant-based diet, and have tried many combinations of fillings. My favorite is a mixture of fine diced onion, cabbage, celery, green onion, grated fresh ginger, soy sauce, and a little mashed potato to bind it all. Pan steam for best results!

For my clients, I'll add a combination or ground pork and ground beef to the above mixture.

Top Bottom