Hello from a southern boy now in Canada

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by fincher, Jul 11, 2005.

1. fincher

fincher

Hello everyone, I'm originally from Georgia and lived there most of my life, I've also lived in Alabama, Charleston S.C., New York, and now Ottawa Ontario.

I started this career in the kitchen, then jumped to front of the house where I was a bartender and fine dining waiter for a few years. After bouncing back and forth I finally decided to do what I love despite the money. I went to culinary school for that official document and here I am today! My highest rank so far has been sous chef, up untill this week, I've been offered the job as an Exec,

I look forward to learning from everyone, and I hope I can also help some of you. The exchange of knowledge is an incredible thing!

Cheers!
    Fincher

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Nice to meet you, Fincher. You're right: this is a great place for learning and sharing about cooking, food and wine. Congratulations on your promotion to Exec!

Come back often. Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

3. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
    Congrats Fincher!

A southerner as an xec chef in Ottawa? Have you unleashed some great southern classics on them? :p yum!

congrats,

dan

4. davidsl

davidsl

Welcome to ChefTalk Fincher. :cool:

5. fincher

fincher

. thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Lol David, you sly dog you, I didn't expect to see you here. How are things? Glad I'm not the only C2C'r here

6. davidsl

davidsl

Welcome again. I do more reading than posting on this board than on C2C but I enjoy both very much. I find some of the most interesting real world discussions about cooking, ingredients, and kitchen life on the chef discussion sites.

I joked with NeNe that I saw you cheating on C2C here....but then I was here too.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. dano1

dano1

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    what, no poll???