Hello fellow foodies!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by crazycookin, Mar 18, 2011.

1. crazycookin

crazycookin

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the forum. I've been a sous chef most of my career (the last 7-8 years), and I am about to interview for what I hope to be my first head chef position. Needless to say, I am super dooper nervous. Thankfully the place I am interviewing at wants someone new to the job with fresh ideas, which hopefully they will think I have.

Anyways, looking forward to being part of the forum!

2. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to ChefTalk.

You are at an exciting time in your career - good luck with the interview.

We have members from around the globe and all levels of culinary ability, so you will find lots of interesting people here.  There are a number of professional fora, so feel free to post there if you have an industry-specific question, or join any thread or start your own in the other fora.  The wikis, blogs, reviews, photographs and articles on  here are all well worth a look, too.

Hope to see you around the boards!

3. crazycookin

crazycookin

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thank you for the well wishes Ishbel! This will actually be my third and final interview with the company. I'm not nervous about actually meeting everyone, I am worried I will screw up cooking something for them. They have a VERY uninspiring menu, and I was told I was free to use anything in there, but was not allowed to bring anything in. So I am a bit stuck trying to come up with something that may 'wow' them, but have some ideas.

Thanks again for the welcome, and see you around!

4. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    T H I N K   P O S I T I V E .   (IF THEY COULD COOK, THEY WOULD NOT NEED YOU)

5. crazycookin

crazycookin

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks Chef Ed!

I was actually born in Palm Beach Gardens, imagine that :)

6. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Good Luck neighbor