Hello fellow foodies!

Joined Mar 18, 2011
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the forum. I've been a sous chef most of my career (the last 7-8 years), and I am about to interview for what I hope to be my first head chef position. Needless to say, I am super dooper nervous. Thankfully the place I am interviewing at wants someone new to the job with fresh ideas, which hopefully they will think I have.

Anyways, looking forward to being part of the forum!

Joined Jan 5, 2007
Welcome to ChefTalk.

You are at an exciting time in your career - good luck with the interview.

We have members from around the globe and all levels of culinary ability, so you will find lots of interesting people here.  There are a number of professional fora, so feel free to post there if you have an industry-specific question, or join any thread or start your own in the other fora.  The wikis, blogs, reviews, photographs and articles on  here are all well worth a look, too.

Hope to see you around the boards!

Joined Mar 18, 2011
Thank you for the well wishes Ishbel! This will actually be my third and final interview with the company. I'm not nervous about actually meeting everyone, I am worried I will screw up cooking something for them. They have a VERY uninspiring menu, and I was told I was free to use anything in there, but was not allowed to bring anything in. So I am a bit stuck trying to come up with something that may 'wow' them, but have some ideas.

Thanks again for the welcome, and see you around!

Top Bottom